• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Woodman pub Nechells

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
can any one remember the pub,in cattles grove nechells.about half way down on the left,I am almost sure it was called the woodman.it was a long time ago

hello, yes thank you very much for the reserch, i am very pleased with it.
we lay on the loding celler doors snd shouted through a not hole'Stop puring them slops in to the barrels and the gaffer chaced us down the road,shoutin come hear you yobs,we was eleven then. I am now sixty.Can any one remember any thing else about cattlells grove ie any names,or places down that road.

pete

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the Woodman where I spent many a happy hour !
I think Smith Stone & Knight paper mill was on Cattells Grove and also W.H Rooke an engineering factory.

My brother had his 21st birthday held up stairs there....
There wasn't much space, but we had a live band called 'Micky and The Raves'.
I worked with Micky (Michael Hardwick) at Moyle and Adams on Sutton Rd, just passed 'The Yenton' Erdington .
What a night that was I really enjoyed it....!

Pom :angel:

can any one remember the pub,in cattles grove nechells.about half way down on the left,I am almost sure it was called the woodman.it was a long time ago
Hi yes it was the Woodman small pub, the wifes uncle lived facing that little pub. Bill.

yes i remember that pub on the corner of johnson stree the pub on the the other corner was the albion
my friend lived next to the woodman her name was carol
i lived in johnson street in the 60 does anyone remember frank gordon scrap metal merchants

i lived 3 doors from the pub.next door to the pub was bents. Smiths was they the landlords of the pub . op corner was a big garden. other side of the road was
a little shop.next door to that was taylors. they kept pigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, yes thank you very much for the reserch, i am very pleased with it.
we lay on the loding celler doors and shouted through a not hole'Stop puring them slops in to the barrels and the gaffer chaced us down the road,shoutin come hear you yobs,we was eleven then. I am now sixty.Can any one remember any thing else about cattlells grove ie any names,or places down that road.

pete
dont time fly.when your having fun.that post was 11 yrs ago.and sill looking

Last edited:
yes i remember that pub on the corner of johnson stree the pub on the the other corner was the albion
my friend lived next to the woodman her name was carol
i lived in johnson street in the 60 does anyone remember frank gordon scrap metal merchants

Just picked up on this, a bit late, i know!!
I remember Frank Gordon very well. Scrap metal dealer, drove a silver grey S1 Bentley.
He was our "manager", of a pop group i was drummer in. We turned up to a few bookings in the Bentley!
I was in his yard one day when a young lad about 10yrs old came in with a sack full of brass door knockers and letterboxes. 10 bob changed hands, Big wink from Frank!Did he live in Coleshill? Lost touch mid 60's.

Back