• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wolseley Street Small Heath

bluemack

proper brummie kid
does anyone have any memories of wolseley st small heath? i lived at number 94 from 1959 to about 1972 ish.also any photo,s of tilton rd school (teachers if possible) and ada rd school again teachers or pupils if poss.thanks in ancticipation.

bluemack...if you enter "Tilton Road" into the search at the top of the page you will find not only photos of Tilton Rd but lots of memories from fellow members....give it a try & enjoy !!!

Margaret.

bluemack...if you enter "Tilton Road" into the search at the top of the page you will find not only photos of Tilton Rd but lots of memories from fellow members....give it a try & enjoy !!!

Margaret.
thank magaret,much appreciated.xx

Hello bluemack, I'm a newcomer to the site and hope you're still a member. I lived on Wolseley Street for a few years before they knocked it all down, which is a shame, I would love to be able to go back and see our old house.
I have been trying to work out in my memory who lived at number ninety four, and wondered if it could be the Rickets or the Sadler family.
I hope I've remembered correctly, please let me know.
Regards. John

does anyone have any memories of wolseley st small heath? i lived at number 94 from 1959 to about 1972 ish.also any photo,s of tilton rd school (teachers if possible) and ada rd school again teachers or pupils if poss.thanks in ancticipation.

I visited my auntie Polly and uncle Reg in wolselely street in the 50s. I cannot remember when she died but my Uncle died in the Mid sixties. We were also friends with a girl called janet Fisher.the house number was 70 i remember using the outside loo.Their last name was Measey and my great grandad lived with them he was Artur Measey and died around 1955 at 92 years old

hi I lived in barwell road which faced wolselely street do you remember a woman named Elain Rigg and a woman named Pat cannot remember her last always dyed her hair peroxide, they were very good friends of my sister Christine Barnes 50s 60s ACER

Sorry but do not really remember much about the area i was only about 40r 5 when i was there in the 50s. I was hoping someone might know about the fisherfamily.And what happened to Janet

i used to live in worsley street till about 65ish we used to live next door to the rickeets my name was teresa hill mom had 6 altogether would be lovely to hear from anyone who lived on the same street

Hi bluemack I lived in Barwell road , I went to Ada road school and Tilton road school , I have photos of class pictures when I was in Ada road school in 1950s but no pictures of the teachers only on the group pictures. My sister had 2 friends who lived in your st Elain Rigg and Patrica humperies , do you know of them ? Acer

i lived in wolseley street down the bottom our house was on the bend we lived nxt door to the Rickets our surname was Hill there was 6 of us mom was Mary and dad was John does anyone remember we moved there round about 1957

Picture of Ada Road boys 1946 Harry Rickets is one this picture on the second row from the rear 8th one from the left

Attachments

• Ada Rd 3.jpg
    Ada Rd 3.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
i used to live nxt to the Rickets our name was Hill there were 6 of us plus mom and dad Mary and John Hill

The Fishers and the Measys are all i can remember We used to visit my aunt polly and uncle reg back in the fifties.
My mum and dad lodged there in late 40s early 50s my dad worked at a company called wrights ropes Mums name was phyllis rose measey later rose airley my dad was george airley nicked named chuckles. As far as i know he used to drink in a pub called the garrison.

Hi You are correct, My name is Jackie Sadler and our family lived at No 94, I am now unsure of the years. I have lots of remories of Wolesley Street, and recall everyone you spoke about. I last saw Edna Ricketts in 1999 at our mums funeral, she told me all her family were well, Sandra was ok. I think our dad worked at Wright ropes for a short time, and he used to drink in the Garrison tavern. (mind if there was a glass he would go anywhere:))

The Fishers and the Measys are all i can remember We used to visit my aunt polly and uncle reg back in the fifties.
My mum and dad lodged there in late 40s early 50s my dad worked at a company called wrights ropes Mums name was phyllis rose measey later rose airley my dad was george airley nicked named chuckles. As far as i know he used to drink in a pub called the garrison.

Hi You are correct, My name is Jackie Sadler and our family lived at No 94, I am now unsure of the years. I have lots of remories of Wolesley Street, and recall everyone you spoke about. I last saw Edna Ricketts in 1999 at our mums funeral, she told me all her family were well, Sandra was ok. I think our dad worked at Wright ropes for a short time, and he used to drink in the Garrison tavern. (mind if there was a glass he would go anywhere:))
I visited my auntie Polly and uncle Reg in wolselely street in the 50s. I cannot remember when she died but my Uncle died in the Mid sixties. We were also friends with a girl called janet Fisher.the house number was 70 i remember using the outside loo.Their last name was Measey and my great grandad lived with them he was Artur Measey and died around 1955 at 92 years old
i lived at number 80 and hung around malcolm last time i seen him was at ednas funeral she as since passed away

sapper 71 i was only young but i remember him well he took me fishing with his friend arther whitehead from over the road and janet is my sister

Hi Ray I remember your family but years have past and things fade. I do remember you and Janet. Glad you are ok
Jackie

jackie its nice to hear from you im new on here i dont know what i am doing if i remember right you was the second eldest and you wanted to be a nurse when i seen malcolm last i think glenis and susan with him i used to go on friends reunited but i dont bother any more

Hi I am also new and finding my way round, I have only just joined facebook after vowing i never would. Yes you remember well. I am the 2nd and went off to The childrens hospital to train as a nurse, Would very much like to hear what you and your family got up to.

hi i think there was a shop owned by mrs aspry not sure on the spelling of name about 1968/69 also does anyone remember victoria terrace of wolseley st

A bit of a clue for all you posters on this thread( MALCOLM SADLER = BLUEMACK)
JACKIE SADLER= I,M YOUR BROTHER!!!!!!!!!
RAYMOND FISHER............NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU MATE,HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL.:)
GARY CUTLER...........KNOW THE NAME BUT CANT PUT A FACE TO YA BUDDY.
ACER.............I REMEMBER ELAINE RIGG VAGUELY.......REMEMBER PAT HUMPHRIES WELL.
all the best MALCY.

I used to live at 55 think we move out as they were getting demolished

Back