• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Winter - painting

cookie273uk

master brummie
This is based on an old B/W pic rather simple but it says Winter to me, I added 2 figures to give interest and a spot of colour, it took less than an hour to paint. I was thinking of adding it to my other raffle paintings but not sure it would appeal. EricWinter Trees 2.jpg

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
Eric,

That figure in the different hue of coat gives the picture a centre of attraction - once that has your eye, you start to move around the rest of the picture. Excellent.

Maurice

sospiri

Ex-pat Brummie
A bit of both, Eric, speaking from a photography point of view. Humans, of course, take an interest in their own kind - do I know that person?. And the contrasting colour of the coat. Had the coat been, say, navy blue, I don't think it would have had quite as much impact.

Maurice