• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Windsor Street Gas Works Explosion 1908

Indeed Vic similar but different stories if I find out more I'll let you know. I think to be able to print the story i have to join the newspaper archive so will think if i can do this. Obviously I'm a pensioner myself now at 70 so dont want to buy monthly subscriptions unless i'll use it a lot. Cheers!

Indeed Vic similar but different stories if I find out more I'll let you know. I think to be able to print the story i have to join the newspaper archive so will think if i can do this. Obviously I'm a pensioner myself now at 70 so dont want to buy monthly subscriptions unless i'll use it a lot. Cheers!
I think when I did it I joined for one month and just got all the stories I needed in that time - check it out you might well be able to still do this, I think it was about £10.

Screenshot_2024-01-16_172201.jpgHi Lyn

I believe they were taken to the new station and are on display in the board room. I was told this a few years back when I found out that they were closing the station on Ettington Road - I must drop them a message to ask that this actually happened. I doubt they were lost or misplaced as they were a big deal to the brigade due to the history of Albert.

Regards
Vic

Information on Fm Lissimore 's axe and helmet from the curator (Keith Stanton) of the WMFS HERITAGE GROUP at Aston Fire Station its safely on display at the museum picture and comment as posted.

Information on Fm Lissimore 's axe and helmet from the curator (Keith Stanton) of the WMFS HERITAGE GROUP at Aston Fire Station its safely on display at the museum picture and comment as posted.
Superb! Thank you so much Aggie2347 - that's made my day!

Back