• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Windows 10

For years if I've been out taking pictures on i-phone I connect to lap top, Windows10, select "Photos" and a few minutes later my latest efforts were transferred to the laptop to be edited etc. BUT today all has changed I have been infected with "Photos Legacy". I've managed to download and select BUT can't see how transfer my selections to the laptop folders to be edited.
I did a screenshot and this seemed to happen more as less as before, slightly different but recognizable and picture successfully uploaded.
Can anyone please gently explain what I need to do.

For years if I've been out taking pictures on i-phone I connect to lap top, Windows10, select "Photos" and a few minutes later my latest efforts were transferred to the laptop to be edited etc. BUT today all has changed I have been infected with "Photos Legacy". I've managed to download and select BUT can't see how transfer my selections to the laptop folders to be edited.
I did a screenshot and this seemed to happen more as less as before, slightly different but recognizable and picture successfully uploaded.
Can anyone please gently explain what I need to do.
This is untrue, I've been messing about for about three hours, I posted the above AND thought I'll have one more try and spotted a "setting" that was so obviously wrong and lo and behold pictures transferred!

This is untrue, I've been messing about for about three hours, I posted the above AND thought I'll have one more try and spotted a "setting" that was so obviously wrong and lo and behold pictures transferred!
I take a few photo with my iPhone and have set it up send the images directly to OneDrive. I can then access my phots on any of my devices, PC, laptop etc. You get some OneDrive space for free and a fair bit more if you have an office 365 subscription.

You can of course store them on iCloud, but you only get a small amount of storage space before they start nagging you to buy more.

I seem to be a forum member who likes Windows 11 ... :)

Press the Windows Key and a nice Start menu appears with main apps pinned to it.
Click the All apps button and every app in the computer is listed.
Settings can adjust all that needs setting.
Windows Security built-in and guarding the device.
A This PC button which shows the devices and drives.
OneDrive for moving files etc from device to device and even iPads
and many other features for smooth running of the device
I recently discovered an excellent provider offering a range of cheap dedicated servers. Their offerings are perfect for businesses and individuals budget dedicated servers looking for reliable hosting solutions without breaking the bank. With customizable configurations and robust performance, these servers provide the perfect balance of affordability and quality.
What's not to like ?
I liked Windows 10 more, everything is somehow simpler and faster there.

Last edited:
Back