• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Window Shopping

O

O.C.

How many kids today will never get the sheer joy from Window Shopping...walking for miles just to look at all the goodies in the window just beyond your reach ...........saving up for weeks to buy your must have.........

What a wonderful photo the only shops you see like this nowadays is usually on holiday in devon when we took out Grandchildren they loved looking through the shop windows in fact it took us forever to get down one road as they took that long looking.

innocence

What a lovely picture notice the young boys arm about his sister, or maybe friend and his belt holding up his trousers with it's es shaped fastner. sweet innocence

Indeed a lovely picture and the little girls wore dresses -

I liked to go to Woolworths - where my mom would let me choose a ribbon for my hair - I was allowed any colour but red - mom just didn't like the colour red!

In my young days we did a lot of window shopping, we couldn't afford much and we didn't have what we couldn't pay for.:)

I have to agree with Di we didn't have much either - A hair ribbon was a luxury for me - if mom couldn't pay for it we would never have gone to Woolworths

Even at this age although I do have a credit card - I won't buy what I can't afford - and have no intention of getting into debt

Back