• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wilson Birth info

mah

master brummie
can anyone help with birth details for Frederick Edward Wilson born 13th October 1917 ?Fathers name Thomas William,mothers maiden name believed to be Aplin/Applin. Margaret.

Found him BUT it says born 1916 not 1917..

Name:Frederick E Wilson
Mother's Maiden Surname:Applin
Date of Registration:Oct Nov Dec 1916
Registration district:AstonRegistration county:

Frederick E Wilson birth registered Aston, Oct 1916 (not 1917)
mother Applin ref 6d 614

Thomas William Wilson married Emily Alice Applin,Aston 1909 ref 6d 729

Found 2 other Wilson/Applin births

John 1912 and Thomas William 1913

Emily Alice was a twin to alfred William born to the unmarried Clara Applin
Their births registered March 1877
Emily alice ref. 6d 315
Alfred William ref the next page 6d 316

1881 1 CT 4 House Glover Street ,Aston

Clara Applin age 28,unmarried, b. Tewkesbury Dressmaker.
Alfred 4 b. B'ham
Alice 4 b.B'ham
Emily Smith age 18 b. Bham Lodger

In 1901 Clara Applin age 50,says she is a widow.
she has living with her in 219 Watery Lane
Alfred age 24 widowed son
James age 18
Ethel 12
Ada 3months grandaughter.
I would think that Alfreds wife? died in childbirth but I cannot find an Applin death or a marriage of Alfred Applin.
Clara Applin was born in 1849 Tewkesbury but her age varies she died in 1912 age 60.
I should also point out that whilst she calls herself a Dressmaker which may be genuine, it was often used on census entries to describe the 'oldest profession in the world'

Thanks again Alberta! Was told when expecting my first child that fredericks mother was a twin. Am a bit confused that Clara had a grandaughter Ada born 1901 as l was always led to believe that Fred had an elder sister of the same name who was several years older. margaret

Back