• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wilmot Breedon Limited

Martyn1966

Hi Jim , remember the names Ron Simper and Billy Chadwick, simper was head of electrical in maintenance, I think and dad was over the pipe fitters , until he left in 1981. You may also remember Bill Burrows who was in maintenance at Amington. They both had many happy memories of There times there , Dad started in 43 and was made redundant in 81.

Carp1

As an apprentice I played cricket for the maintenance team, so I knew quite a few of the guys in that department. I also worked both at Amington Rd and at Fordhouse Lane, the name Ron Burrows sounds familiar was he a millwright? A couple of names I do recall are Ron Simper, Bill Chadwick and Jimmy Catley.
jimmy was a good footballer we had a great side 1960 1964

Carp1

As an apprentice I played cricket for the maintenance team, so I knew quite a few of the guys in that department. I also worked both at Amington Rd and at Fordhouse Lane, the name Ron Burrows sounds familiar was he a millwright? A couple of names I do recall are Ron Simper, Bill Chadwick and Jimmy Catley.
jimmy was a good cricket player

Jyoti

Brummie babby
Hi
I wonder if anyone can offer any assistance to me. I am looking to find out who worked at the Tysley site back in 1966. My mother in law Dorothy Evans worked there at the time. I don’t know if there would of been employees listed anywhere ?? This would be of great help if anyone can offer assistance.

Last edited:

devonjim

master brummie
Hi
I wonder if anyone can offer any assistance to me. I am looking to find out who worked at the Tysley site back in 1966. My mother in law Dorothy Evans worked there at the time. I don’t know if there would of been employees listed anywhere ?? This would be of great help if anyone can offer assistance.
Back in 1966 WB had several sites in the Tyseley area, Amington Rd., Farringdon, Rushey Lane, Kings Rd. I'm afraid I don't know of any listing of employees.

podgery

master brummie
Hi
Hi do you know which factory she worked in (Amington road Kings Road etc) ?

Jyoti

Brummie babby
Back in 1966 WB had several sites in the Tyseley area, Amington Rd., Farringdon, Rushey Lane, Kings Rd. I'm afraid I don't know of any listing of employees.
Hi thank you for replying, it was the Amington Rd site, she worked at.

jmadone

master brummie
Hi
Was your mother in law called Dot and did she live in Sheldon?

Jyoti

Brummie babby
Hi all
my reason for the employee list is because I am looking for my husband’s biological dad. He would of been an Asian man, my mother-in-law as I said was Dorothy Evans, we do not have a name and therefore hope that someone on this site can help. My husband was born in February 1967, we believe his dad may have lived at 100 Adderley Rd, Saltley, Birmingham. This is the only information I have. Please help if you can, as it will mean a great deal to my husband to find his roots and further family. Your help is extremely important thank you

Jyoti

Brummie babby
Sorry to raise your hopes. my Dad worked with a lady at Amington Rd. named Dot but she lived on Cranes Park Road, Sheldon.
Jim
no problem, thank you for your help. Hopefully someone will be able to help on this site. But appreciate your help none the less.

Jyoti

Brummie babby
If anyone can shed some light or provide a direction that will help, as just need something to guide us and any information that may lead us to finding my husband’s dad.

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
If anyone can shed some light or provide a direction that will help, as just need something to guide us and any information that may lead us to finding my husband’s dad.
hello jyoti as your search could involve a living person i have sent you a private message with some information...

lyn

Last edited: