• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

William Edward Street

• Thread starter Elizabeth Redmond
  • Start date
E

Elizabeth Redmond

Would anybody have any photographs of William Edward Street, demolihed late 60s,
Balsall Heath B 12,please post them if you have thank you liz

Thank you so much ,i could use this opportunity to ask if anybody has any photographs
of William Edward St i would love to see them Liz

Does anyone have a map of this area c1901 that they could post a fragment from please? I have someone on the census at 11 Court, 5 House.

I also have someone at 7 Court, No 1 House, Digbeth much earlier (1850), any help appreciated with that also :D

Many thanks

Paul

I would point out that the william Edward St on google today is in a slightly different place to the one a hundred years ago.
Below is a map c 1913 (almost identical to one of c 1890) showing the houses in William Edward St of court 11 in red. do not know which is no 5
Also a map c 1890 showing court 7, with houses in blue. I think no 1 is likely to be the red house nearest the road, but have no confirmation of this

map_c_1913_William_Edward_St_showing_court_11.jpg

map_c_1890_showing_court_7_Digbeth.jpg

Back