• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

william blick

robert blick

Trying to build family tree ,William Blick was my great great grandfather christened 25th Dec 1798, possible father John Blick christened Solihull July 1776 . Can you help

hi robert, the christening of william blick was as you say 25 dec 1798 with parents john and mary blick.

theres a marriage at st. martins 23 oct 1797 of john blick widower and mary wastell spinster, both of this parish. both signed with a cross.
the witnesses were just church officials so no help there.

not sure whether this is any help to you.

i also notice that theres a burial at st. martins of a william blick on 12th oct 1834 aged 36yrs. staniforth street. i dont know if this is yours but the date of birth would fit ok.

The John Blick mentioned in my original thread seems to be the person married to Mary Wastell , I already have copy of the marriage certificate from Church of latter-day saints family search here in London , I was hoping for confirmation but there is a good chance that John Blick is in fact father of William . Many thanks

I don't think this William Blick is a relation as my great grandfather Abram was born in 1847 and has William as father . Thanks anyway for checking.

Back