• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wildlife camera.

Smudger

master brummie
Has any member got a wildlife camera, if so could they recommend one, preferably not too complicated & not too expensive. { +wifi } Thanks.

I don't own one personally, but know they are used on nature reserves (eg to detect foxes and mink). I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one if the public has access to the land because it might be broken or stolen. But in your own garden could be used to watch badger etc. It wants to be weatherproof or in an enclosure and I wouldn't bother with wifi personally. Some take video and or stills.
https://www.gardenersworld.com/product-guides/nature/best-wildlife-cameras/

mine was about that price Smudger and i am very impressed with it the pics it takes are very clear. hope you will be happy with yours.

Back