• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

white horse corner of longacre and holborn hill

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..would anyone have a pic of the white horse or that was on the corner of longacre and holborn hill nechells please....

many thanks for any help...:)

lyn

Last edited:
Re: help wanted please

thanks mike ive just edited my post...would love to find a pic of this pub..think it was demolished in the 70s...

lyn

Hi lyn this is the best I can do for a picture the white horse pub which was on the corner of long acre and holborn hill, as I have been looking out for a face on shot of the pub for years as it was the first pub I went in on my own shh under age.

Long_Acre%2C_Holborn_hill_.jpg

pud

oh thank pudding thats great...i had to think why i had asked for a pic of this pub then i remembered.....my sisters house now sits on the same spot:D must show here this one...will keep my eyes out for a front on shot for you...

lyn.:)

im sure we will pudding...there will be one out there somewhere...:).

hi pudding i printed off a copy of the pic you posted of the white horse pub and gave it to my sister earlier....she thinks its great that it was right on the spot where here house is now..:) thanks again for posting it...

lyn

thanks pud...will keep looking for more pics of the pub..fingers crossed

lyn

I remember all the car accident's that used to happen outside this pub when I lived in Holborn hill 1960 and the big fire at the radiation gas fire plant at the bottom of the hill by the church.

I remember all the car accident's that used to happen outside this pub when I lived in Holborn hill 1960 and the big fire at the radiation gas fire plant at the bottom of the hill by the church.
Hi I lived at 69 Holborn hill in the 60s when I was a little girl,it was next door to the white horse.

I have a picture of an Ansell's White Horse in Birmingham that I have been unable to place. Could it have been the Holborn Hill one?

Attachments

• ZO4-A0022.jpg
    ZO4-A0022.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 15
Back