• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where's my bike?

Templer

Brummie
I've just returned from a four day trip to York, now I could see that there are a lot of bicycles used there,
but while waiting at York station for our return journey home, we were greeted by this sight on one of the platforms.
I wouldn't like to search for my bike after a couple of beers.
Dscf7172.jpg

Last edited:
Omg goodness I have trouble finding my car sometimes there would be no hope for me...lol

I've just returned from a four day trip to York, now I could see that there are a lot of bicycles used there,
but while waiting at York station for our return journey home, we were greeted by this sight on one of the platforms.
I wouldn't like to search for my bike after a couple of beers. :)

Amazing Bri. You woundn't find your bike stone sober:rolleyes:

Thanks for that Brian. I would have to paint it a bright color or I would never find mine. On the subject of bikes I must get mine out of the garage and clean the rust off.

It might be easier after a drink Brian, you wouldn't care which bike you got then - I wonder if they have to form an orderly queue to collect them - can justimagine a crowd of people all trying to grab the relevant bike and ending up in a tangled pile on the platform lol
Hope you enjoyed your break anyway.
Sue

Enjoyed the break very much thanks Sue, as for the bikes, they are just so unbelievably random.
This of course could also be a police storage facility for stolen ones. :D

Talking about old bikes, we went to Alcester yesterday and in the Waitrose car park was a really old Hercules sit up and beg bike. We hoped to have a word with the owner but he didn't come back while we were there. We then went to Stratford-on-Avon and walking back to the car we saw a very old Triumph bicycle outside an antique shop. Can't say I remember Triumph bicycles only motorbikes.

When I left school in '66 my Dad bought me a Triumph Palm Beach bike to go to work on. It had a three speed twist grip gear change and served me well ! I now ride either of two Triumph motorcycles, it's easier on the legs !

Back