• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is This?

nimrod1947

master brummie
Sad individual that I am, really puzzled by this church. I was actually there but for the life of me can't remember a thing about it. I obviously know the people concerned but it ends there. It was in 1962 and lots of weddings since then!!
If anyone knows where it is the BHF people will know.

Richard Chapman and Pearl Wedding 1962.JPG

do you know where the bride lived...may give a clue as to the area of the church

lyn

Whilst it looks exactly right for same Church I wonder what the white block at the top left is because it's not there in the original photo

Whilst it looks exactly right for same Church I wonder what the white block at the top left is because it's not there in the original photo
I don't know but the original photo was a bit limited. There is another photo of the whole family but doesn't show that bit of the wall

I think it's in picture 1 @ #6. I think it is perhaps a sign to indicate a security system/camera, is in operation, although I can't see for sure what it says.

I can't see it clearly enough but still pleased with the result
I have to admire you all, I posted the picture with a faint hope that you may be able to help and all this other information coming along is a bonus. I still can't understand why I didn't remember the wedding let alone the church. The other photo has me on it otherwise I would say I wasn't there. I didn't know Perry Common Road at the time and I was only 15 so must have travelled there with some other member of the family.
Over the years I have thrown a few questions at BHF and have never failed to be surprised about the amount of people who get involved and it's lovely and so welcome for an old fart like me, thank you.

Yes, another mystery solved. I can now see it is yellow not white. Amazing what we can find out. It's like this morning. We had our annual boiler check up yesterday and because I wanted to change something opened the flap at the front and noticed some plastic clips and realised they were there to keep the users manual in. We've only had the boiler in for 17 years!!!!

Yes, another mystery solved. I can now see it is yellow not white. Amazing what we can find out. It's like this morning. We had our annual boiler check up yesterday and because I wanted to change something opened the flap at the front and noticed some plastic clips and realised they were there to keep the users manual in. We've only had the boiler in for 17 years!!!!
Been there etc, etc..
Bob

Back