• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This Schools? #14

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
OK lets see how this one goes, this is another one that is still standing today.

Attachments

• Where Schools #14.JPG
    Where Schools #14.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 184
Hi Macca,

No not Shaw Hill I'm afraid. I have to report that someone has already messaged me with the correct answer and didn't want to spoil things by answering on the forum so soon.

That looks a bit like Slade Rd School, but it doesn't look like Slade Rd. So that's not my guess yet, so will be back.

Viv,

Thats the one Greet Primary School, Warwick Rd, Greet. Though I think I knew it as Percy Rd School. Kudos have to go to Curly though who named it first by PM and didn't want to stop the game early so he told me by PM. Well done both of you.

My Auntie May Pearson nee Bourne lived in Sparkhill and Greet Most of her life (born 1920) We inherited some school photos when she passed a few years ago. There's one of her playing the grandmother in Little red Riding hood at Golden Hillock Primary. She's the one in bed. The other photo looks older and I don't recognise anyone. It might be her mother was one of the school girls. Not sure about the school either.golden hillock school 1926 May bourne as grandmother in little r 001.jpgold school photo poss Greet 001.jpg

I love this web site. I joined to do research on my family tree and find out about the old occupations but I keep getting side tracked there's so much interesting stuff here. Just wish I could view more of the photos I can't see any thumbnails at all. But the information on here is fascinating.

Thanks for sharing those lovely photo's brummiemummy and welcome to the forum and keep them coming please. Jean.

Back