• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? Garages #20

the building looks familiar is it near Aston Uni tried to think of the name of the street, below Gosta Green opposite a motor factors, do not think its a garage as such now if its still standing, my memories really going ga ga.

Dek

it is McDonald St, in between the Queens & The Town Crier or Bissel St & Barford St if you prefer that. Well done Dek.

Phil

Should have known that, worked in Barford St early 70s. Used the Town Crier & the Lamp Tavern. Was guessing Bristol St, before widening.

Last edited:
Well done Dek and a big thanks to you Phil for your fantasic series of "where is this garage", I really enjoyed talking part has I am sure many other have also.

Thought it was down that end took me ages to remember quite a few of these i could recall but couldn,t put a location to good for the brain though. Bring on the pubs i never used them that much but drove past a few.Dek

well done dek...yes phil bring on the pubs please..i may have a better chance at them...not that ive ever drank a lot of course lol..

lyn

I tend to agree that this little series of Garages has gone down well, I might return to it after a while. Although I don't want to see people become bored with the same old format all the time when there are so many that can be used. Shops, factories, streets, pubs and many other themes. As I said I'm going to sort out some pubs. they will all be in Birmingham, but don't expect them all to be easy.

Phil

I tend to agree that this little series of Garages has gone down well, I might return to it after a while. Although I don't want to see people become bored with the same old format all the time when there are so many that can be used. Shops, factories, streets, pubs and many other themes. As I said I'm going to sort out some pubs. they will all be in Birmingham, but don't expect them all to be easy.

Phil

Thats good Phil not like the last lot then

Yes Alf, I know I thought they were far too easy. I'm getting a reputation for being soft.

Phil

Back