• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? Garages #2

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Well yesterdays little attempt seems to have gone down well, at least it raised a bit of interest and a few questions. Which is the whole idea. So lets see how this does today, and I know I always say this but I don't expect this to last as I haven't removed anything from the photo.

Phil

xxx-19.jpg

Don't know if it's the same one (never saw it myself) but there used to be a "Garage with an Aircraft Propeller as its sign" on Aston Hall Road.

Lloyd

Thats the one, Prop Service Station at 60 Aston Hall Rd, I think that on the site today where the New Aston Social Club stands.

Well Done.

Phil

The only time that I know somewhere and some one beat me to it, I used to pass it nearly every day, wasn't the owner ex R.A.F?

I was told about it a while ago, and to be honest from the description pictured a 4 blade prop on the wall, glad it was worth the guess though!

Lloyd without looking Pete said it was the Prop garage with the propeller outside. He can't remember which side of Aston Hall road it was though. There was another garage over the road from Aston Hall road by the post office. Jean.

Thanks Sylvia of course. I remember Lesley Smart working there from Holte road then our neighbour Mr Spencer went to live there but not sure if he bought it. TTFN. Jean.

Back