• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this? 52

South of Northfield Jean. Oops I'm giving out clues already, Phil will have something to say about that when he gets back.
Mike

I honestly haven't any idea where it is, but it must be within the old City of Birmingham boundaries, because it has a Corporation-pattern bus stop sign of the post-1947 pattern (with the sign projecting away from the road, as opposed to the earlier ones, with the sign symmetrically centred over the supporting post.
I'll guess it's along the Redditch Road beyond King's Norton, and south of Redhill Road, probably at the next junction with Longbridge Lane, right on the city boundary, which would explain the manky street lighting past the junction.
Peter

It doesn't look wide enough to be a main road, so I'll say Groveley Lane, Longbridge on the 145 Route.

I think its somewhere butween Marston green & Tile Cross ...
Bell Lane / The Radleys ???

ragga ......

Cheers Mike ..... I can now see which part of the Radleys it is .
A giant size Mars bar 4 me yummmmy .

Cheers Mike ..... I can now see which part of the Radleys it is .
A giant size Mars bar 4 me yummmmy .

Mike,
As soon as I saw the photo I thought The Radleys, but you put south of Northfield. The Radleys is North East of Northfield. Smack hand.

Ann

Yes Jean,
Of course your son at the Radleys office. I recognised it straight away. But the south of Northfield bit, I thought there must be another place that looks just the same. Ah well. And men say that its the women that can't map read!
Ann

Mike,
As soon as I saw the photo I thought The Radleys, but you put south of Northfield. The Radleys is North East of Northfield. Smack hand.

Ann

Ouch! that'll teach me to borrow the wifes technicolour A to Z out of her Ka and read it upside down by candlelight without me specs on. Sorry Ann.

Mike,

You put it so lovely, you are forgiven. i.e. I'm a pushover!

All the best Ann

Well OK ragga but we must support local industries so you can have one of my Christmas pressy Cadburys Heroes except the plain Bournvilles - they're all gone!

Hi I believe the photo is by the corner of Ragnal ave and the Radleys, looking towards Marston Green, the 166 and the 165 used to travel up the radleys to the island and turn left down church road to the wheatsheaf. i used to live not far from that stop,

Back