• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this 50

Lloyd

master brummie
End of the line. A Birmingham tram terminus nearing the end of its days is our half-century place quiz - where is this now unrecognisable former terminus?
(A couple of clues there!)

Hi. Lloyd. Looks like the Rubery teminus to me, outside what was Rubery mental hospital, where the flyover is now.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've been at Wythall all day, some of it under a bus.
The terminus IS Rubery, not the usual Lickey Hills one at Rednal but not that far away.
Fat Mark wins the prize for guessing not only the location but why the view is unrecognisable today, a 1lb bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate - I'm sorry it melted in today's heat Mark but what's left will be nice.

Wow! A prize! I think I'll have to give it a miss though. Fat Mark and chocolate - not a good combination... Please donate to a thin chocolate lover.

Besides, this was an easy one as my dad took photos of this site so I could recognise it straight away. Have attached a colour view from 9th May 1963, just before the roadworks started.

Fat Mark

Back