• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This/ #198

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Another little tickle, I somehow don't think this will give so many problems.

Phil

Attachments

• Where.JPG
    Where.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 129
Hi Thornhill

Bromford Mill, Bromford Lane would have been close enough for me, well done to you.

Phil

Nice one Phil, here's a pic from approx the same view from 1965. The cottages on your photo, just before Rollasons is where my "lot" first lived when my Great Grandfather first came to Birmingham from Warwick looking for work in 1864. My Grandfather was born there in 1886.

Bromford_Lane_1965.jpg

Nice one Phil, here's a pic from approx the same view from 1965. The cottages on your photo, just before Rollasons is where my "lot" first lived when my Great Grandfather first came to Birmingham from Warwick looking for work in 1864. My Grandfather was born there in 1886.

View attachment 73412

Thanks for that photo David. I've been looking for a photo of the Bromford Tubes club. The buildings just left and down a little of the Stewarts and Lloyds sign. I was brought up in that place. Every weekend with with me bottle pop listening to the free and easy and mom getting on stage and having a sing. After a few bottles of guinness of course. Happy days.

Frothy

Is this the building on the left of this photo?

Phil

Attachments

• Erdington Stewart & Lloys Bromford Lane .jpg
    Erdington Stewart & Lloys Bromford Lane .jpg
    141 KB · Views: 50
Hi david ;
yes i wopuld also like to thank you for the picture as i have vivid memoris as well ; as i worked at bromford tubes
as a draw bench operator and my assistant at the time whom used to fetch me my work and blue print,s for the orders
of drawing metals for clients was an old fellow by the name of fred die drinkwater which is very technical job;
and dear old freddie used to live down in long acre by postans paint ; in those small terace house just past the factory and the cafe that used to be there this is over thirty years ago i eventual left there and joined tubes limited at rocky lane
in there foundry and thats where i met dear old friend ; and he his friends with alot of people on this forum
bazzm ;whom does come on here when he not working whom i do beleive alot of yopu have met this great guy ;
thanks again dave , best wishes astonian ;; alan

Frothy

Is this the building on the left of this photo?

Phil

Oh thanks phil that's it! The memories are flooding back.Thanks again.
Yes sidwho there was a R.A.O.B ( Buffs) lodge there. I remember a massive pair of Bulls horns in there.

Back