• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this ? 177

motorman-mike

Brum visitor who stayed.
Where is this?

Attachments

• City Old Square from above.jpg
    City Old Square from above.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Just turning in to Paradise Street..If not then ..Just coming out of Waterloo Street

Last edited:
Hi. Mike. Think its Ethel St. turning into Pinfold St., but whats a Mosely Road bus doing on the 24s.

JOJ 77 was based at Yardley Wood... Moseley Road had 2031-2070. YW 2071-2100, Perry Barr 2101-2130

Last edited:
now the 24 came up Hill St turned right into New Street left up Corporation St left into Bull St left into Colmore Row round Galloways corner back into New St and right into Ethel St joined Pinfold St right into Stephenson St and left down Hill St

I'm with John Knight on this one. Turning left from New St. into Corporation Street. Behind on the right is what is now Waterstone's books and in the distance down Stephenson Place is New Street station.

i also agree with john...junction of corporation and new st....im bound to get it right now lol....

lyn

I also agree with John, it's the junction of New St, Corporation St and Stephenson Place.

Phil

Sorry, guys and gals, nobody has got it yet but I'll say Corporation Street is a clue. Now I have gone and made it too easy!

Is the bus just turning into Old Square after the demolition of Kings Hall Market.

Phil

Phil you have cracked it! Well done it is a 24 bus diverted from turning in to Bull Street and having to use Old Square instead. As you say, the Kings Hall Market has gone and the Stork Hotel seen behind the bus would soon be gone also.
Mike

Good one Mike, it was the open view to the left of the photo that threw me at first. Lets have another one.

Phil

it on corperation street on the old square, thats the stork hotel we can all see, what monkey gave the go a head to pull it down ??????

Back