• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 169

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Back to the cafés then, they last longer. Where is/was this café

Phil

xxx-25.jpg

i think it was on the bordesley green rd east many years ago and it was about
five hundreds yard down the main rd heading towards stechford and from the east birmingham hospital and on the same side and a mile from the old richmond pub ,
have a nice day every body best wishes astonion .....

Looks a bit Sutton Coldfield to me or perhaps Hagley Road way?

It,s looks like the outskirts to me i,m sort of leaning towards maybe Minworth or The Broadway Walsall i,m sure i,ve used it at some time. Dek

Back to the cafés then, they last longer. Where is/was this café

Phil

This building stands on the corner of Rogers Rd/Washwood Heath Road Ward End. My Mom and Dad used to call it Mary's Cafe. I remember going there for ice creams and pop as a child.

Bernie D'Boult, it might look a bit Sutton Coldfield or Hagley Rd way. But its not.

Dek, you may have used it at some time but don't lean to far towards Minworth or Walsall because you will fall over as its not that way.

OtherHalf, not near the Yew tree sorry

Dave M, no Parsons in or around this (I think).

Phil

This building stands on the corner of Rogers Rd/Washwood Heath Road Ward End. My Mom and Dad used to call it Mary's Cafe. I remember going there for ice creams and pop as a child.

Veegee you are 100% correct. It is the Maple Leaf Cafe on the corner of Rogers Rd Washwood Heath.

Well done.

Phil

So it is ON the way to Sutton depending upon where you start from ;)

Back