• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this? 154

motorman-mike

Brum visitor who stayed.
Won't go for long, but where is this?

Attachments

• Saltley Nechells Place.jpg
    Saltley Nechells Place.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

I will put you out of your misery before you go to bed. Its Nechells Place outside Saltley Gasworks.

Phil

I loved that Bus ride to my Aunts every Saturday just after the War Phil

Mike

Its a bit more crowded here.

Phil

Attachments

• Saltley Nechells Place 1972 .jpg
    Saltley Nechells Place 1972 .jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 2
The interesting thing to me of course is the bus itself, which I believe is running the Inner Circle.
I don't ever recall many MOF Guys running this route, although Hockley had a batch of Daimler MOF's in the 3160s-3170s.
Any idea of the date??

OK, OK, I did say it wouldn't run for long. I think anywhere along the No.8 route is too easy! It is indeed Nechells Place alongside the gasworks. Extra interest here is the roofless Temple of Convenience on the left there, and much used by busmen. Note too the destination number, a warning to the conductor for slovenly work from the next gaffer (inspector) to see it. (could be a booking if it was a regular practice by conductor concerned).

Mike perhaps the conductor was desperate to use the said convenience.

Back