• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 112

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
I am sure many will be able to identify this charming rural scene.

Phil

Attachments

• where.jpg
    where.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 6
icknield street the roman road, goes from the peacock inn down past the coach and horses weatheroak alvchurch

I think I will have to clear something up, when the photo was taken in 1895 it may have been a rural scene. That doesn't mean it has to be now.

Phil

it is a charming pic phil but given your small clue it could be anywhere..

i will have to go away and think about this one..

lyn

I've seen a photo like this before and it was, Salford, Gravelly hill area. There again, I might be wrong, again.

So far. somebody has got within a couple of miles of this scene. I will tell you that it is a well know place and not as rural as some of your guesses. It has been mentioned on this site more than once.

Phil

ok let throw caution to the wind as we dont know who is getter warmer...

cant see it but sutton park.

lyn

Ted

I thought about taking this photo for a long time, but I had to wait until 1895 until a decent camera came along. Funnily enough I often suggest Parsons Hill, but all I get is strange looks.

Phil

People it has gone, as sussed out by jfc it is Rocky Lane Perr Barr

Phil

I lived in Rocky Lane with my parents they still live there, i have seen many pictures from before it was built on My auntie and uncle lived just about where that picture was taken and my cousin lives there now.

Back