• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What has happend to YHA280J is it still about ?

horsencart

master brummie
Does anyone know what has happend to the former Midland Red and WMPTE YHA280J is it still about I have footage of the bus at a container base in Brum in the earlt 1980,s the bus was in a shed and at the time it looks as though it was being worked on

In the footage the former BCT JOJ827 tow starts (do not do this at home children ) the former Ribble KCK924, JOJ827 was driven backwards and attached to KCK924 with a chain till the bus start in a cloud of smoke I had hoped to put the footage on to YouTube sadly it is just to dark

Mind you I am still thinking of putting the footage of a D7 towing bus (in yellow) towing a Wolverhampton single decker from Worcester? it may have been another place I aint not never certain

Bammot, a nice picture of YHA280J in Midland Red days has been posted here by tardebigge on the Midland Red at Digbeth thread. I've no idea of its after-WMPTE history, but I've left a question at the MidlandRed.net forum. I'll come back here with any answers.

Yes, Bammot, I've found it's often very slow, and sometimes you never hear back. I don't think there are many active members. Something's gone wrong with the forum anyway as I can't access it. I get a crazy XML error message.

Back