• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

WESTBROOK Albert Victor

M

Marlene

Kia ora
Is anyone researching the WESTBROOK family?
I note that an Albert Victor Westbrook married a DAISY WEBB in 1914 and I'd love to know if that is MY Daisy!:)
Regards
Marlene
New Zealand

hello marlene

1901 census details as follows...

william westbrook age 33 pearl button turner b. bham
annie westbrook age 38
children albert v. age 9 john age 4 and mary age 1

all living aston manor birmingham

all the best chris

Marlene

Looking at freebmd the only marriage I can find for a William Westwood where there is also an Annie with the same ref in Brum around that time is in 1888 so could be yours

Marriages Dec 1888

TONKS Annie Birmingham 6d 222
WESTBROOK William Birmingham 6d 222

Thanks Beatrice! You have confirmed my thoughts! I just like to know who the various members of my family married into!
More importantly I keep hoping a descendant family might contact me!:)
Cheers
Marlene
New Zealand

Kia ora from Christchurch Marlene :)
I know that you have also been looking into the Fary, Farey, Fairy, Fairey families from the West Midlands over the years. I came across this the other day and thought of you.
I know it's a little old but you never know...
Hi, I'm still looking for info about the name Fary/Farey/Fairey/Fairy. My mother was a Fary and we have traced that name back to 1800
Jennifer Johnson
https://www.ukvillages.co.uk/ukvill...vgb.E74648E2E6E7512780256DDD00301529?20031113
(the site does have banner come up over the text , but you can scroll over it )

Kia ora Pomgolian!
Many thanks for thinking of me! I have explored the Fairy connections to Preston with no luck! As usual there's a clue missing somewhere!

I'll get in touch with the sender of the message though as there is a comprehensive site on that family!

Mow do you know my BOYLE family from Leeston, Ellesmere, Darfield, Irwell??? Irish and totally fulll of the blarney when it comes to finding their origins!!!:rolleyes:
Thanks again!
Marlene

Kia Ora
Can an Administrator help me please> I have been trying to send a message to the Small Heath site and I am told that my user name does not exist and I have so many passwords now it's not funny!
It will be intersting to see if this gets through!
Cheers
Marlene

Marlene it got through here.. as for passwords for different sites.. may I suggest as a lot of people use different sites that you use one or two passwords that way it is easier to remember them as for getting through to the small heath site that I can't answer sorry :)

Kia Ora
Thanks at least I know I got through somewhere! I still don't know why I can't access the Small Heath site! The passwords are not my choice! The site keeps telling me my User name dosen't exist and sends me a new password !!:rolleyes:
I give up!
Thanks again
Marlene

Back