• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Welcome baby lily....

Can it be connected to the forum at all.
Yesterday i got beautiful tiny Lily in her incubator with woolly hat,bless.
Today invalid link.

Hi up Rob, its not the only link that isnt working there has been an other that i know of, so maybe just a glitch in the machinery. Max

Lily,s mom (Zoe) is out of Hospital and has been to the QE to see her. Annette and myself saw her last night for the first time, i just cant begin to explain how we felt seeing our beautiful grandaughter so perfectly formed and so tiny. She is only 12" long bless her. We have got to take it a day at a time, but so far she is proving to be a real fighter and the doctors are pleased with her progress. Robert.

Oh Robert I am pleased Zoe is ok and little lily is fighting on. Michael and I know some of how you feel our granddaughter was just three pounds born and I cried when I saw her. So perfect and so tiny. Rob she will be six this year and towers over her cousin Ben who is three months older than her. It's truly amazing how they fight. Thank you for keeping us updated. Wendy xx

Great news that Zoe is out of hospital and that baby Lily is making progress.
I worked at a hospital and frequently saw the tiny babies on the special care unit - they sometimes looked so tiny I almost couldn't believe they were real. The good news is they are often much stronger than they look and the staff adore them and give them the best possible care.
Best wishes to you all
Polly :)

Just a little update. Lily is doing fine She lost 3 oz taking her down to 1lb 12 oz but now she is 1lb 7.5 oz . The Doctors are really pleased with her progress, she has been out of the incubator and had a cuddle with mom and dad.

Glad to hear she is doing well Rob, so tiny,when i used to sell clothes i had a lot of premature baby Baby-grows, i remember how small they were.
Max

That is wonderful news! I can't think of anything more lovely than cuddling your own baby, Lilys mum and dad must be thrilled and I expect Lily enjoyed it too.
Thanks for letting us know - I have been wondering how you were all doing.
Best wishes to you all

hi rob....im so pleased that baby lily is holding her own and continues to make progress:) this is very good news...please give my best wishes to all the family....

lyn:):)

hi all...rob has asked me to post this wonderful pic of baby lily:):) she is gaining weight now and responding well to treatment:) but as rob said you can see she is not to keen on having a bath...

thanks for the pic and update rob..you must all be overjoyed at the progress she continues to make...love to all the family....

lyn

Oh the little mite she is thriving we can see. Best wishes to all the family Rob and thanks Lyn for posting the lovely photo.

Thanks for posting the picture of baby Lily - she looks so lovely and so tiny. Such good news that she is putting on weight and responding to treatment.
best wishes to all the family,
Polly

Its amazing how strong babies are please give my best wishes to her family,she is beautiful liz

Fantastic photo. My neighbours great great granddaughter was even tinier at birth born in the same maternity unit and she is now a beautiful three year old. Please keep posting photo's of Lily?. Jean.

Lily is still doing very well she now wieghs in at 1lb 13oz and is now out of intensive care and in the high dependency unit. It has been a hard four weeks for her but she is proving to be a real fighter. she loves to have snuggles with her mom.

Oh bless her i always think that cuddles can be really important,best wishes to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Lily is still doing very well she now wieghs in at 1lb 13oz and is now out of intensive care and in the high dependency unit. It has been a hard four weeks for her but she is proving to be a real fighter. she loves to have snuggles with her mom.
And I bet her mum loves to have snuggles with her beautiful little baby! This is such good news :) thanks for letting us know.

thanks for the update on lily rob...i am so pleased that she continues to gain weight and is doing so well:)

lyn

Bob that's great news especially as Mom and daughter are having snuggles....I am going to cry now.......oh it's so lovely!

Back