• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Webb

Graham

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Hi all,

I have seen fantastic and incredable results on this forum thread by you amazing people, although I'm still tracing my family through www.tracesmart.co.uk I would like to know what you people can find about my dad's side of the family.

On the CWGC page https://www.cwgc.org/search/certificate.aspx?casualty=4040977 my grand parents are listed as Edwin and Beatrice Alice Webb and that is all I know about them. Now someone looked for me and told me that Beatrice Alice (nee????) was in fact just the other way round, Alice Beatrice. I have no other data than this CWGC page and the fact is I just don't know when they were born or who their parents (my great grand parents) were. Can you help me?

I know they had at least 2 children Edwin 1904/5 and Dennis Webb.

Graham.

Last edited:
Hi Graham,

Edwin Webb married Alice Beatrice Harding in March qtr 1904 ref. 6d 130

Alice Beatrice Harding was born Sept qtr 1880 ref 6d 201

Well Graham.....I believe that Edwin and Alice Beatrice nee Harding were married in the first quarter of 1904.....Edwin was also born in that same quarter....(nothing strange in that)....it will be quite hard to find Edwin on the 1901 census due to Webb being quite a common name, the same applies to Alice Hardings.....but I have been able to find one which might and only might be the Alice in question living in the Rotton Park area of the city...41 Marrow St?

NameAgeAlbert Harding9 Alice Harding19 Annie Harding21 Edgar Harding15 Eliza Harding42 Ellen Harding2 Frank Harding6 George Harding17 George C Harding42 Lucy Harding12 Sidney Harding4 https://content.ancestry.co.uk/iexe...1&fn=Alice&ln=Harding&st=r&ssrc=&pid=16176395

But the only way to confirm is to purchase Marriage and birth certificates

Alberta & JKC,

That was quick! Thanks to you both now at least I have a starting point.:thumbsup:

Yes I seem to remember the name Alice Harding popping up before.

Graham I think the Marrow Street which JKC found for you with a question mark beside it, could be Marroway Street, which lead off 283 Icknield Port Road, Birmingham 16 - Ladywood area.

Back