• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Warstone Cemetery look up - Phoebe and Matilda Hall

PoBo

Hi

Hope some kind soul can help me. I have just learnt that my Grandmother, Phoebe Hall, is buried in Warstone Lane Cemetery. She died 18 March 1895. Another relative of mine, Matilda Hall, is also buried in the same cemetry. She died in 1858.

Does anyone have any indexes or photos of the graves which may provide me with more information please? I know that Phoebe is buried in P1970 and Matilda in F619 but would love to know if there are any inscriptions and indeed if any headstones exist.

Many Thanks for any help you can give to me

Pauline

Neither grave appears on the memorial listing of Jewellery Quarter Research Trust at https://www.jqrg.org/index.html. This is incorrect, because they appear on the list of burials. I will drop JQRT an email.

However, from my knowledge of Warstone Lane, P1970 is unlikely to have a memorial recorded as it is a public grave against the wall of the cemetery next to what was the Birmingham Mint.
F619 is in the middle of section F. Section F is the section nearest Vyse St.

I will add grave location maps on here in a short while.

I will certainly take location photos for you, but for personal reasons, I'm afraid it won't be possible until mid-April. If I haven't added them in the next month, please remind me.

Here are the maps for the two sections, with the relevant graves marked. Just click on the image to display a larger one that you can download. Note, I'm moving this thread to Birmingham Cemeteries section so it's easy to find in future.

location of F619.jpg location of P1970.jpg

Last edited:
Great! Many thanks for the maps and for highlighting the relevant sections as that does help to locate the graves

Back