• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Warr family

there are three probable births for warr/perry in birmingham

stanley c warr 1918 jan-mar

benjamin h warr 1921 jan-mar

edna d warr 1923 oct-dec

in 1925 and 1930 charles henry warr and florence warr were living 73 belchers lane

in 1935 charles henry and florence were living 9 ismere road

in 1939 charles henry, florence and stanley charles at 9 ismere rd.

in 1949 charles henry, florence and edna d warr at 9 ismere rd.

in 1950 charles henry and florence warr plus catherine treacy were living 9 ismere rd.

these are from the electoral rolls so only people over 21 will be listed.

this could be charles in 1901 living camden st. bham

james warr 49 horsekeeper groom b. sherborne dorset
francis 45 b. bham
beatrice 20 printer
louisa 19 printers warehouse
florence 17 printers clerk
annie 15 chain linker?
gertrude 13 chain linker?
charles 10
harold 6
herbert 4

all born birmingham

Many thanks, Shera. Yes, this is the same family - Charles and Florence had three children: Stanley, Benjamin and Edna. I was hoping to get really lucky and find someone had already done the family tree but it looks like I'm going to need to build it for myself. :)

This would appear to be the family in 1891, the mothers name is different though

1891 England Census
about James Warr

Name:James WarrAge:39 Estimated Birth Year:abt 1852Relation:Head Spouse's Name:HarriettGender:MaleWhere born:Sherbourne, Dorset, EnglandCivil parish:Birmingham Ecclesiastical parish:All Saints County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:
bracket.png

View image
Registration district:Birmingham Sub-registration district:All Saints ED, institution, or vessel:11 Neighbors:View others on page Household Members:NameAgeJames Warr39 Harriett Warr35 Beatrice Warr10 Louisa Warr9 Florence Warr7 Annie Warr5 Gertrude Warr3

the wife that claire found could be the same person as there is a marriage of james warr which could be to frances harriett taylor 1879 oct-dec 6d 96

this is the family in 1881 living in ladywood bham

james warr 29 beer retailer and milk seller b. sherborne dorset
harriett 25 b. bham
beatrice ethel 5mths b. bham

in 1871 he was in sherborne dorset aged 19 lodging with the bligdon family. he was a groom

in 1861 living in sherborne dorset

francis warr 42 masons lab. b. sherborne dorset
louisa 34 laundress b. west harnem wiltshire
jane louisa 14 silk throwster b. wilts
james 9 scholar b. sherborne dorset

There is a Charles Henry Warr born 1892 Birmingham, this oculd be the one in the census's.. I think his Wedding Certificate is the way forward to find his fathers name to confirm it 100%

Many thanks both of you. Yes, the marriage certificate for Charles and Florence is they key. Hope I have more luck than last time. They wouldn't let me do it on the phone, did it online and it never arrived....

On the subject of Warr we had a Warr family living opposite us at 97 Hurlingham Road Kingstanding from the 30s to the 60s. E.

Trying to pick up this thread after more than a year, as I have gathered a few more names recently. It seems that Stanley Charles Warr b1918 is still living and that many of the family (he had at least seven children) are still in the Birmingham area. Is anyone out there a descendent of either Stanley or Ben Warr?

this could be charles in 1901 living camden st. bham

james warr 49 horsekeeper groom b. sherborne dorset
francis 45 b. bham
beatrice 20 printer
louisa 19 printers warehouse
florence 17 printers clerk
annie 15 chain linker?
gertrude 13 chain linker?
charles 10
harold 6
herbert 4

all born birmingham

Hi all,
First post here,
Herbert Warr above would be my Grandad. Died 1981, lived in Leonard Street B18. My dad is his son Ronald Harry Warr B1929.
Chris Warr.

Back