• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Walwyn Fanny

Tammie

proper brummie kid
Does anyone know anything about the Walwyn family, she,born 1847, was an explorer in South Africa and he born 1852, was left at home working as a railway clerk at Curzon St.

Hi Tammie, is there perhaps a mix up in the information that you have been given.

The 1871 census index is a bit confusing as it gives Fannys husband as William.

Josiah Walwyn born 1841/2 married Fanny Siviter born 1846 in aston 1869
in 1871 Fanny age 25 and her daughter Martha age 11 months are with her mother in law Elizabeth in Wylde Green
Elizabeth is a widow and also living there is Josiahs brother William age 19 b. 1852 unmarried a Railway clerk and 2 more grandchildren who obviously belong to another son Alice 8/Abraham 5 .Having searched the census records I cannot find Josiah.

1881 census has
36 Vauxhall road,Duddeston
Josiah Walwyn age 39 Joiner
Fanny age 34
William john age 9 (he died in 1886 age 5)
Martha age 10 is with her grandmother in Sutton.

In 1891 Fanny status married is living with her son in law and daughter william and Martha Betts in Sutton.
No sign of Josiah,he died in aston 1899 and in 1901 Fanny ,widow living in Sutton.

1861 77 Vauxhall Road Duddeston

William Walwyn Railway clerk
Eliza wife age 46
Josiah age 19 Builder and joiner
John age 17
Francis 15
William

I have found Fanny Siviter b. birmingham 1846 September qtr but have been unable to find her on census.

Just found her 1861
22 Edward Street ,Ladywood
James siviter age 43 Victualler
frances age 45 wife
Fanny age 15 daughter all b. birmingham

Granny Fanny

Thanks for this its cleared so much up because william went off to live in leeds....the railway connection is vital because martha married a railwayman, she's my dad's grandma....thanks folks

Back