• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vine Inn Villa St

cookie273uk

master brummie
normal_Vine_Inn_Villa_St.JPG
Lyn's famous Vine Inn in Villa St

Last edited:
what a beautiful painting yet again eric. you never cease to amaze me

:):):) i know lyn will be delighted

oh gosh eric....i could just jump into that painting and be there...its so real to me....you even got the houses in which makes it even more brillient...i have no words to express my thanks and i know you wont let me pay you for it so like i said if its ok with you i will be making a donation to the forum funds on top of my usual one....

you are a true star and i could munch you to bits...:rolleyes:

thank you...:):)

lyn

oh gosh eric....i could just jump into that painting and be there...its so real to me....you even got the houses in which makes it even more brillient...i have no words to express my thanks and i know you wont let me pay you for it so like i said if its ok with you i will be making a donation to the forum funds on top of my usual one....

lyn

Well,I think she like yer painting Eric:D

lyn

Lyn,
Does this all mean we have found a photo of this said hostelry? Can I inform Interpol they've proved useless yet again?:biggrin:

lol richie...it most certainly does.. a pic of it is under the kellys thread and the pubs thread...overjoyed....ive sent out an sos for a pic of the villa tavern that was a few doors up from the vine..earliest reference to it is 1844 and it was demolished round about the middle 60s...mom and dad drank in it but i was a tad to young to remember it....makes no difference though..i shall try and hunt down a pic

cheers

lyn:)

lol richie...it most certainly does.. a pic of it is under the kellys thread and the pubs thread...overjoyed....ive sent out an sos for a pic of the villa tavern that was a few doors up from the vine..earliest reference to it is 1844 and it was demolished round about the middle 60s...mom and dad drank in it but i was a tad to young to remember it....makes no difference though..i shall try and hunt down a pic

cheers

lyn:)

(What a b....ing epic that was! Ooops. Did I say that?:D)

yes richie you did..:D oh well thats that marathon out the way...now onto the villa tavern:rolleyes:

Back