• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vaughan Aston/B,ham 1880-1940

John Young

master brummie
Any VAUGHAN relatives or possibles welcome to enquiries,
Margaret Vaughan married to John Howell 1880,s of most interest
Thanks & best regards J Y

Me and my family lived at 26 Guildford Street from 1930 t0 1960. My sister and her husband were close friends of Agnes Vaughan who lived back of 27 across the road to us. Agnes was a spinster who lived with her mother and her batchelor brother; I never knew the brother's name but I know from experience that he was subject to epileptic fits

Vaughan,s (Aston-Bordesley/B,ham)

Hi Alf & thanks for the Welcome back ( i been hiding, lol :rolleyes: )
Hi Michael & thanks for the Guilford St info, :) just maybe a connection although have yet to establish linkage from 1902 marriage (Howell-Vaughan) up to 1930,s but they are probables of the same line.
I know Guilford St very well, family & friends all around there & its good to
hear from a "neighbours lad" Cheers Michael 8) John Y

Any VAUGHAN relatives or possibles welcome to enquiries,
Margaret Vaughan married to John Howell 1880,s of most interest
Thanks & best regards J Y

John

I know this is an old posting but I wonder if I can take you up on your offer of enquiries on the Vaughans? I am researching tha Crilley family and found that John Crilley married Clara Ann Vaughan in 1879. Clara's father was Thomas Vaughan a shoe maker. Lilly Vaughan was a witness at the wedding. Clara's age is given as 23. So far I have been unable to trace the family in any of the census prior to her marriage.

Grateful if you have any info.

Thanks

Tony

Tony , John Young may still be away on a long traveling holiday 'Down-under' so may not see your request... However I can contact him and let him know about your enquiry at least ....

Tony , John Young may still be away on a long traveling holiday 'Down-under' so may not see your request... However I can contact him and let him know about your enquiry at least ....

Hi thanks for this offer. It seems a shame to spoil John's holiday though unles like all us genealogists he can remember most of his family Tree, or even worse he has his Tree with him on the holiday!!:)

Hi
My Great grandmother was Florence Vaughan daughter of Isabella Hudson & Edward Vaughan born 1843. They were market stall traders in the old Bull Ring Birmingham from the 1870's. I have not been able to trace Edwards family. They had three other daughters Ada Emily & Isabella. They lived at The Avenue Acocks Green, Golden Hillock Road , Wright Street & Princes Street Balsall Heath.Does anyone know of any connection.

Back