• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Vale Street, Birmingham

phillip bates

knowlegable brummie
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where Vale Street was in Birmingham.

In 1851 it was in the St Jude parish but I am unable to locate its position on today's maps.

Many Thanks

phill

Hi Phillip,

St Judes Parish was around Hill Street central B,ham so this old street could have been

demolished before Queensway Tunnel & other road works in that quarter mile around there.

Other folks on here may have old maps to assist you further,
Good luck John Y

Thanks Bernie

Looks like Vale street is now under New Street station, it looks like it ran parallel with Hill St.

Many thanks for your help, I knew you lot would come up with the goods, as always, you can't beat local knowledge

Thanks

Phill

Here is a c1839 map,

vale_st_1839_map.JPG

Back