• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unwanted certificates

star43

master brummie
I have some certificates that are not connected to my family research and wondered if they were any use to anyone.
Agnes Charlotte Westbury - birth 1901, marriage 1927 and death 1943, certificates
Edith Hilda Jones - marriage 1944, death 1962, certificates
Leslie Merton Holroyd - birth 1896, marriage to Agnes 1927, marriage to Edith 1944, certificates

I have some certificates that are not connected to my family research and wondered if they were any use to anyone.
Agnes Charlotte Westbury - birth 1901, marriage 1927 and death 1943, certificates
Leslie Merton Holroyd - birth 1896, marriage to Agnes 1927, marriage to Edith 1944, certificates
thats very kind of you stella...

lyn

I had the same and found a place that accepted them as donations to establish a library,
all i need to do is find their address.

Found it, Family Research Centre, Clerkenwell, London.

I was searching for a John Smith birth and ended up with dozens of unwanted certificates when finished.

Apparently this place officially closed in 2008 with the staff transferring to the National Archives in Kew.

All the records relating to the Family Research Centre were put into storage and the National Archive

are unable to accept donations of certificates, due to lack of storage facilities.

Which all in all is a rather long winded way of saying in answer to your question 'no idea sorry'...

Last edited:
It does seem a shame to just throw them away when somebody somewhere might be grateful for them.

Unfortunately with the research I have done I don’t think there are any children from any of the marriages. In the few trees that list them they are very distant members of the family. Quite sad really.

Its like the millions of unwanted photographs you come across from families that no longer exist.

Very poignant....

Just a thought, if you are a member of the Ancestry website, try searching the trees for people researching Agnes Westbury, Edith Jones and Holroyd, there may be a close-ish relative that may want your certs.
For example, there is a grandson (Lee Duggins) of Leslies brother, Clarence on ancestry

Last edited:
Back