• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unknown coat of arms

paper knife 005.jpg

The picture is of a coat of arms taken from the handle of a paper knife.

I wonder if any genealogists among you have any ideas as to whose arms
these are.

Kind regards

Dave

Hi Jennyann,

Many thanks indeed for the info, - no question about the identification,
I'm just wondering why my dad had it!!
Thanks again

Kind regards

Dave

hi dave
have you checked out your own personal family,s coat of arms. do you know we all have them . not just society one or the coat of arms for royality
we all the working class have our family coat of arms i went to manchester afew years back and i travelled to bury ; as well
and i went into there local musuem and i came a cross a stall they had inside selling the small coat of arms badges
and they was magnetic to stck on your fridge so i bought one with my familys coat of arms it was in the shape form of a sheild as well
i bought it about seven years ago and it cost me five pounds this i have never seen around in brum at any time in my life ;for sale ;
so we have surnames indivisual for each other with coat of arms from the clanns we oriniate from i thought it was very intresting ;
its like the eqiverent to the scotch with there cloths of kilts stating there clann; in scotland ;
i was wondering whethER or not as anybody else got one of there family surname ? .
BEST WISHES ASTONIAN;;;

Alan I have two that were presumably displayed in the past by ancestors of mine. I thought this was worthy of a thread of its own and to keep this thread for Dave89's question.

Family Crests and Coat of Arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Astonian,

I think it's a very grey area as to whether one has a right to use a crest just because
they have the same family name. It may be that the same name has various crests
for different branches of the family, and even if you find a crest in your direct line,
can you 'inherit' it? I'm sure I don't know. Perhaps some else does!

Kind regards

Dave

Back