• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Unable to view forum images

mrose1701

master brummie
Have recently upgraded my PC operating system to Windows 7. On accessing the Birmingham History site I am now unable to view any images associated with the forums. I have not been on the site for a little while. Is there something stopping me viewing the images ? Is it Windows 7 or Internet Explorer ? - Previous laptop with Vista operating system worked ok - any help much appreciated.

mrose, No problem with your system all images on the forum were lost as a result of a "hi-jack" on the forum server.
Members are in the process of replacing images lost but it will all take time, we have suggested that if anyone wants to see a particular image to IM the original poster with a chance they may be able to repost it.

Colin

Make sure your version of Adobe Flash is up to date as well as this can stop images being viewed properly.

mrose, No problem with your system all images on the forum were lost as a result of a "hi-jack" on the forum server.
Members are in the process of replacing images lost but it will all take time, we have suggested that if anyone wants to see a particular image to IM the original poster with a chance they may be able to repost it.

Colin
Many thanks for the update Colin - what a disaster !! Who would want to do such a thing. This site is truly remarkable in both its content and images and has helped me resolve many queries with regard to old Brum and some genealogical queries. Let's hope this setback does not deter the members from updating and using this treasure of memories. Kindest regards.

Hi Glynis, Thanks for the reply - you will see from other replies about this problem that someone has hijacked and destroyed all the images on the site. Members are now in the process of trying to upload some of the missing photos. This will take a long time but hopefully the site will get most of the images back and prevent anyone from hijacking the site and deleting all the images.

Back