• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tyne Cot Memorial

CROMWELL. l had a go today to print the Scroll you posted onto photographic paper. l am very pleased to say that it was successful so my next job is to frame it. Well l am pleased l got there in the end and thank you once again for making it possible.

Ernie
I printed a scroll out for you, but I am pleased you got their in the end.
Best of Luck to You
Anything else I can help you with Just Ask

Sorry GER22VAN
I forgot your post was there because I read it so long ago.
I have just taken some photo's for Jake at Aubigny. Will be at Tyne Cot early next year do you still want a rubbing and perhaps a few pictures
Chris B

Tynecot

Hi Ernie
Got pictures of Tynecot but webring system won't allow me to send them because of size. If you don't object send me your e-mail address and will send direct
Chris B
[email protected]

CROMWELL. l had a go today to print the Scroll you posted onto photographic paper. l am very pleased to say that it was successful so my next job is to frame it. Well l am pleased l got there in the end and thank you once again for making it possible.

GER22VAN,

Did you ever get to Tyne Cot? In the new year I intend to pay a visit there as my great uncle is burried there too. Passchendaele is not all that far from me.

Graham.

I found out very recently that an Irish Great Uncle is out at Tyne Cot,went by the name of Thomas Stoney born 1894 died 16/08/1917.

Tynecot

If you had stuck your head above the parapet four days ago I would have located his inscription and photoed it for you while doing the same for Ger22van. If you havn't already got shots of TC i will send you some and locate your ancestor next time
Best wishes
Chris B

Tyne cot.

Chris. I have sent my email address to you. Thank you for your post.
Cadeau. The answer to your question is, no I have not been to Tyne Cot. My wife is registered disabled and would never fancy the trip (and I have asked her once or twice), as far as I go I think it might just be too late and too much for me.

If there is someone who visits Tyne Cot Memorial could l ask if it would be possible for them to visit Panels 90 to 92 of the Wall Of Rememberance and trace the name of Goldsbury J. on the wall ?
By trace l mean onto paper using the side of crayon and then keeping the paper rolled up and also to leave a poppy at the side of his name. He was my Uncle even though l never knew him.
l await in hope of a reply to my request, Thank you for your time in reading this.
PS My wife is Registered Disabled and does not travel too well.

found this on a site .hope this is the person you may be looking for.posted by some one called william clewer.looks a good informative site.
https://www.britishwargraves.org.uk/gravedetails.asp?id=597790

That's a great site Winston thank you for posting that.
For those who have not been to Tyne Cot the memorial must be 50ft high and hold thousands of names so a big task for people to locate one.

tyne cott

thank you momap
there are memorial scrolls for the 1st and 2nd world war which can be printed off.

I am sorry I was having a senior moment when I said Tyne Cot was 50ft High. I was getting mixed up with Theipval at the Somme.:redface:

Grace. I have just gone back to this thread and I have seen your post dated April 20th 2006 and I feel terrible that I cannot remember if I had sent a PM
to you at the time. Your words were so kind Please Please forgive me.

Back