• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tustin family

I have Ernest J Tustin aged 20 living at 54 Benacre Street Court 11 House 4 in 1901 born Acocks Green occupation Journey man Painter,son of Eliza Tustin.

Can you give a bit more information such as ages, I know you mentioned in another post that they were coal men.

I knew Tustin Family.........
Arthur F.Tustin
May E. Tustin
Thomas J.Tustin
Doris I.Tustin
All died of T.B. at 4 back of 82 Cromwell St. in the 50's

there was john,ernest,dorothy,barbara,joan,janet,mary,margaret there mom was lillian nee clarke their dad was alfred,

Tustin is not a very common name. There was a Tustin in my class at Handsworth Tech. I can't be sure of his first name Robert or John. 1953-55.

I doubt this will be much use but there was a family named Tustin who ran the shop at 73 Coplow Street, Ladywood, during the 1950s. The only name I recall was a son named Leslie.

I knew a Tustin Family in Acocks Green /Hall Green they lived at Tavistock Road in 1975 onwards

The mother was an Ethel I think she may have been divorced
But there were 5 daughters Susan, Carol, Linda, Janet and Lesley - I know previously they'd lived in Sheldon.

I've no idea of the husbands name at all - I knew the Mother and 5 Daughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOROTHY TUSTIN LIVED IN ABERDEEN STREET IN THE 70,S
SHE HAD THREE LADS , AND I THINK THERE NAMES WAS ALAN ,
JOHN , AND MICHAEL HER HUSBAND DIED SOME YEARS BEFORE HER
WHEN DOROTHY DIED AND THE LOVE OF THE BOWLING GREEN AT THE SONS
OF REST IN SUMMERFIELD PARK SHE SAID TO THE BOYS
SCATTER MY ASHES UP OVER THE GREEN, BUT UNFORTUNEATELY
BY THE TIME DOROTHY DIED THE SONS OF REST HAD BEEN CLOSED DOWN BY THE PARKS DEPARTMENT Any Way The Three Bothers Still Carried Out Ther Mothers Wishes And Scattered HER Ashes Over The Plotted Area
Alan Told Me That Either Him Self Or His Daughter Now Lives In Studley
Warickshire And I THINK He Said That One Or The Other Brothers Had Died
best Wishes TOAll ASTONIAN ,;;

Hi There

I believe that a Family I have been researching some time ago, married into the HEWITTS. If I remember correctly, Marion Eliza TUSTIN married Leonard HEWITT, and they are both buried at Brandwood End Cemetary. The Tustins I know of, were living at Benacre Street, possible in the same or adjacent Houses. I would be able to help you more, but would like to contact you off the site, or possibly by Private Message through the site. I am away this weekend, but I will be back in Brum on Monday.

Hope that this helps.

Regards from Jacko.:redface:

Regards from Jacko.

Last edited:
My grandmother was a TUSTIN of Acock's Green, and from the TUSTIN family history project I have that family tree going back to the 1600s.

hi treaclemine i am hoping we are related to compare trees, can you tell me what line you are from?

hi there
i knmew the tustins branch in acocks green because i served them in acocks green pub the red lion on warick rd for years they are well know in the area
just like dorothys lot in winson green best wishes astonion

Hi, kmt123,

I'm descended from John TUSTIN b. 1813/7/17 d. 1885/11/12 m. Sarah WARNER b. 1805/8/6 d. 1871/1/29

I believe the family moved from the Broadway area to Birmingham in that generation, but lived first in Ladywood, and my branch moved to Acock's Green in about the 1880s.

my lot came from sheldon and moved to aston my g grandad was thomas tustin b hampton in arden 1851 a lot moved to acocks green

Back