• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Turville Horace born Aston 5th March1905

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
My late father in law Horace Turville always told everyone that his family had come over from France in 1066 with William but I have never seen anything that
substantiates this.Where would I start to look?
Bernard67Arnold

Re: Horace Turville born Aston 5th March1905

My late father in law Horace Turville always told everyone that his family had come over from France in 1066 with William but I have never seen anything that
substantiates this.Where would I start to look?
Bernard67Arnold
,,,Money is better than poverty if only for financial reasons Woody Allen

if you google "turville william the conqueror" then look at husbands bosworth, bosworth hall and scroll down a bit you can see the info you are looking for.

You certainly get service on this forum, within a short time I had the start I was looking for.My sincere thanks
to Shera for putting me on the right road Cheers
Bernard67Arnold

Hi Bernard would your Turvilles be the same ones’ as my wife’s side of the family?
Her Greatgrandmother was a Clara Turville who married a Frederick Cragg, and Clara’s parents were a Daniel Turville and Emily busby. Clara was born in Potters Hill, Aston.
Cheers Ian

hello there, my wifes side of the came from Victoria Road Aston; horace was from a large family, no TV in those days, I can remembert, Bill, Madge, Ivy, Floss, Jack, Dinkey, never knew his real name most of them have children in the Birmingham and Midlands area' I married Enid at Castle Bromwich in 1954, and after54 years she passed away last April.The families could be
related, if you need any more info i would be glad to help.Have you looked the site at Husbands Bosworth from my original thread on this page, it says that the Turvilles came over with William in 1066, cheers for now
Bernard.

Hi Bernard, It must be the same Turvilles as later on they lived in Upper Thomas Street just off Victoria Road. I have a family tree on Genes re-united, if you are interested, with loads of Turvilles.
all the best Ian

Horace died on Christmas Day 1975 from lung cancer he was a smoker all the time I know him which was in
1952 when I first met Enid, Edith her Mom had a brain
haemorrhage in May 1954 just before we got married.She was a lovely lady, my own mom had passed away while I was in the army and she was a second mom to me. It was a shock to all of us. I can not think of any senior members from that side of the family!All the best Bernie

Hi Bernie thanks for that reply. Do you know of any Turvilles still living and their whereabouts? Ian

Hi Ian, my sister in law still lives in Tile Cross, She is a Turville by marriage of course, I know Bill had a son called Roy he died young, but son Steven I belive he is in Boardsly Green somewhere I can ask Lily she might
know? Somewhere around there is a proper Family tree
done by some collage in London Ive seen it and a Coat of Arms! I hae five brothers sadly all gone now but one
of my brothers daughters has done my mothers tree, her name was Shuker but have not got to fathers yet. Ive
only had a computor since January 30th, and 79 is not
a good age to start learning!!!! cheers Bernie

Hi Bernard, sorry it took so long to reply, I work wierd shifts.
it would be nice to find out if there is a family connection.
all the best Ian

Back