• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tubbs and mineral waters

Lloyd

master brummie
I seem to think that someone was looking for a Tubbs connected with mineral water making.
While researching something else, I came across this in the London Journal:

"NOTICE is hereby given, that the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us the undersigned, William John Oakes and Frank Russell Tubbs, carrying on business as Mineral Water Manufacturers and General Bottlers, at Lennox-street, Aston juxta Birmingham, in the county of Warwick, under the style or firm of " THE KEYSTONE STEAM BOTTLING COMPANY," was dissolved as and from the 18th day of August, 1902, by mutual consent. All debts due to and liabilities of the firm will be received and paid by the said William John Oakes, who will in future carry on the business under the same style as heretofore.—Dated the 18th day of August, 1902. WM. JN. OAKES. FRANK R. TUBBS.”

hi Lloyed
i hope you don,t mind me asking is there anway of finding out
where john jenning had is soda water factory or even a name for it
as he was listed as a soda water manufaturer
best wishes astonian ;;

hi Lloyed
i hope you don,t mind me asking is there anway of finding out
where john jenning had is soda water factory or even a name for it
as he was listed as a soda water manufaturer
best wishes astonian ;;

What dates, astonian?

hi Lloyed
how are you fine i hope as it leaves me the same
my research is john jenning aged 66 yrs old and alexander jennings[ brother] aged 20.
listed as soda water manufacturer 1881 cecus showing decended from yorkshire
dwelling ;19 moreton st cencus place birmingham warickshire england
also elizaaged 32 josephjenning aged 31 ada 2 ,joseph 6,eliza i month
so am i right in thinking its the earlier date we look at and possiblely they moved on in later years to 30 parliment street aston in 1891
this is the only bit of info; i have only got is it possible to find the trading name of the company many thanks Lloyed For your Valuable Time On This Matter because i truly beleive i have discovered history if if it can be done thankyou astonian ;;

Back