• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Trying to find imformation

Nev120679

Hi I’m new to post on here I’m looking for any possible imformation about my late dad and his family his name was Robert ayres born in bham lived in Bartley green before moving to Redditch with my mom his mom n dad were Richard and Lillian ayres he had two old brothers Brian who is still alive and steve who died steve lived in west heath Birmingham he also had a younger sister called Diane I don’t know if this enough imformation to start anything also my dad Robert died in 19/5/94 whilst go karting in Birmingham it was towards handsworth way the place was thank u in advance

Are you looking to trace your ancestors?

A quick look and it appears that there was an elder sister as well, Patricia Lilian Maud who was born and sadly died in 1946.

Richard & Lilian are on the electoral roll for 42 Trimpley Road from at leat 1957.

Richard was living with family at 65 Great Percy St, Finsbury on 1939 Register.

Last edited:
1939 Lilian Cartmell (married 1945 to Richard Ayres) was at 15 Chatwell Grove (not dar from Lodge Hill Cemetery). With Father Henry and Mother Maud + Walter and Albert + others blanked out because of age rule.

Are you looking to trace your ancestors?

A quick look and it appears that there was an elder sister as well, Patricia Lilian Maud who was born and sadly died in 1946.
That’s interesting I never knew that and yes I’m just looking to see what I can find out family history on my fathers side of the family

Robert's father, Richard Stephen, was born in London (Islington) the son of Frederick Charles Ayres and Mary Ann Silvester.

Frederick Charles was the son of William Thomas Ayres and Mary Elizabeth Cole. He was listed as a pointer (bricklaying) in 1911.

William Thomas was the son of William Walter Ayres and Mary Newman. He was listed as a stonemason in 1891.

William Walter Ayres was b1820 Tooting, the son of Richard Ayres. He was listed as a bricklayer in 1891.

So they all seemed to have a similar occupation.

Last edited:
Back