• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

troy or trow place, inkerman st

pinky

master brummie
could anyone tell me is there a troy/trow place inkerman st aston in 1927,
and also (all saints) ST/RD anywere in aston,

(GRIFFIN/HOLLAND/STRINGER/CARTWRIGHTS)

Yes, there was a Troy Place in Inkerman Street. The 1917 OS map shows a series of courts running off the north side of Inkerman Street. The 1933 Kelly's directory lists the courts and also businesses. Going down Inkerman St from Alma St to New Town Row on the left (north) side, the first court was Troy Place.
There was an All Saints' Road and All Saints' Street in Hockley by the church and school of that name. [My gran taught at the infants' school for 25 years]. There was also an All Saints' Road in Kings Heath
Peter

Hi
Would anyone have any photo's of Inkerman Street Aston and also Alma Street School.

regards Stars

Hi Peter
Would you happen to know if Inkerman Street, Aston Still exist. I have googled it but nothing shows only the one in Vauxhall. It shows Alma Street, and you can see all the space where buildings were, but no sign of Inkerman Street. Also i can't see any school in Alma Street, so i take it that has been knocked down. Any ideas.

Regards Stars

Back