• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

trouble with the printer

Patty

master brummie
Morning all, I am having trouble with my printer, it is a Lexmark X5260. I dont use it that much. I have come to print some things out and the part where it has the black writting??? has gone pink, I have some pics to explain. I have three quarter of coloured ink and about just under a third of black, any idea's?????

Green one is how it should look

Hi Patty - if the ink hasn't run out then it maybe that the print head is dirty or has congealed ink on the head ( likely if the printer isn't used often).
A gentle clean with a cotton bud might help - or there might be a cleaning function in the printer software - have a look under the printer properties. You might have to waste a couple of sheets of paper after cleaning to get the ink flowing properly again.
Hope this helps.

I am not familiar with Lexmark printers but there should be a way to clean the print head (s) that looks the most likely problem on the pics plus you say you do not use it often.I get a similar problem with HP and an Epson, Best of luck, worth a try.

Guys I've been good and did go on the trouble shooting page first and there was tool for cleaning which I did

Cleaning the print cartridge nozzles

This is for my 1500 lexmark

Cleaning the print cartridge nozzles

1. Load plain paper.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • In Windows Vista, click
      vista_start_button_0.gif
    • In Windows XP and earlier, click Start.
  3. Click Programs or All Programs
    arrow-ltr.gif
    Lexmark 1500 Series.
  4. Click Solution Center.
  5. From the Maintenance tab, click Clean Print Nozzles.
    A page prints, forcing ink through the print cartridge nozzles to clean them.
  6. To verify that the print quality has improved, print the document again.
  7. If print quality has not improved, try cleaning the nozzles up to two more times.

Morning all, I am having trouble with my printer, it is a Lexmark X5260. I dont use it that much. I have come to print some things out and the part where it has the black writting??? has gone pink, I have some pics to explain. I have three quarter of coloured ink and about just under a third of black, any idea's?????

Green one is how it should look
Hi I had a simular problem with my printer which is a Epson,
my son in law fixed it by clicking on a Clean/ Heads prog, but I am sure if it was on the printer or my PC,
even my pics were coming out all green! Sorry I cant be of more help, Bernard

How far down should you let the ink go then? as I said I have about 3 blocks full at the bottom of the black, should I change it, it seems a waste but if I have to I will. I never know whether you should leave it till it has all gone or what

You can leave the cartridges in until they have completely run out,well you can on the printers I have.Do you have in the printer toolbox or maintenance program an option to do a print head calibration.My HP printer printed with a green tinge once and calbration cured it. How many cartridges does your printer have?

Good morning Patty my friend. We Had a lexmark and everything went pink and Pete got a kitchen towel damped it and put the two cartridges on it with the ink downwards. Leave them for about five minutes then give them a rub. It worked for Pete but it dried up on him again and I bought him another to play around with. Hope this helps. Jean.

Hi Patty, it could be a faulty colour cartridge that is causing the problem. The ink cartridges for your printer also contain the printhead on them, do you have your ink cartridges refilled? If so it is a good idea to buy a brand new cartidge ever 3 - 4 refills as the printhead wears out with use. If you have got a spare cartridge give that a try.

'Morning, Patty: I had the same trouble with my Lexmark 2350 a couple of weeks ago. It turned out to be the need for a new cartridge...!

Cheers,

Jim Pedley (pedlarman)

My Epson R2400 takes 4 colour cartridges and even if just one is empty it will not print until replaced and for the price of a single cartridge printing ink is far more expensive than petrol !,glad i dont drive

Tried what Jean said no good so I have replaced black and fingers crossed seems ok. Only one thing is on the printer itself in the message box says colour and black ink very low, 0n my computer the ink as I say is 2 thirds full of colour and now I have put black in it hasn't shown up at all it looks completly empty. I have finished what I wanted anyway so I may as well ignore it.

Tried what Jean said no good so I have replaced black and fingers crossed seems ok. Only one thing is on the printer itself in the message box says colour and black ink very low, 0n my computer the ink as I say is 2 thirds full of colour and now I have put black in it hasn't shown up at all it looks completly empty. I have finished what I wanted anyway so I may as well ignore it.
Hi Patty,never say die!! I am not much help really, my printer is a different make, when my inks are getting
low a red light comes on then a menu type thing showing the state of the inks, and tells you when and how to replace them, suppose thay are all different, bye Bernard

One thing I've noticed with printing, is I type a letter and check it carefully on screen, and it looks perfect no mistakes etc, but when I print it, I immediately spot a mistake - sheet of paper and dollop of ink wasted...:D

Back