• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tranter ,Nechells,Duddeston

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
John Tranter married Rosannah Chamberlain 1873 Aston
Family in Glover street 1891 John 41,Rosannah 38,James 14,John 13,
Mary Ann 9,William 5,Joseph 3,Charles 7 months.
no sign of these people on 1901.
Mary was registered Mary Jane and she was living Coleman Street in 1902 when she married.Is the 1901 online complete,i have been told that some numbers in Coleman street are missing

West Brom Tranters

Used to be a Tranter who lived in West Bromwich. Neighbours of my friend. The Tranters lived at 40 Arlington Road back in the 50's and probably before and soon after.
Anne

Used to be a Tranter who lived in West Bromwich. Neighbours of my friend. The Tranters lived at 40 Arlington Road back in the 50's and probably before and soon after.
Anne
Anne greetings from Western Australia, in the early 60's I knew a girl called Tranter I think her name was Irene we went to Allsaints school at the same time I think, she lived in Gayton rd which is near Arlington rd. Graham Burford

Welcome Graham enjoy:)
To get our Forum Detectives looking for something they need a few more details, like dates streets etc, then see them go.;)

Irene Tranter

Thank you from Western Australia!
I don't recall an Irene Tranter. The Tranters I am referring to were "getting on" (so it seemed to me when I was in my first decade!) Maybe Irene was a relation???
PS I'm going to South Australia next week!
Anne

Mrs Tranter

Still in Aussie.
As I recall Mrs Tranter always wore a bracelet around her right ankle. Was she simply setting a trend??????????
Anne

Back