• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Timmins and Biddulph

Carolynn

master brummie
Can anyone help with ref to William Timmins who married Ann Hackett and had a son Isaac on 23 September 1875 Tat Bank, West Bromwich.

Also help on Mark Biddulph born 1841 Birmingham and married Elizabeth late Dipple formerly Lynch and had a daughter Emma 1877 Ladywood Birmingham.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
:):)

1881 census

William Timmins B1852 Tat Bank - Boat man
Ann Timmins B1854 Tat Bank
Priscilla Timmins B1872 Tat Bank
Isaac Timmins B1874 Tat Bank
William Timmins B1877 Tat Bank
Clara Timmins B1879 Tat Bank

All living at Hobicus Lane 22 West Bromwich

Suzanne

Thank you sooo much.

Can you explain how you get this info as I am doing my best to what I can myself and wouldnt want to keep bothering others to do it.

thanks again

Hi Carolann

I am searching Ancestry.co.uk

It is possible to sign up for a 2 week free trial period but if you don't want to pay after that please remember to cancel your subsciption as they take your payment details when you sign up.

Suzanne

Hi

You could send for their marriage certificate which will show their father's names and occupations which would then better your search of the 1861 census. Other than that you send for their birth certificates but as there are so many William Timmins and Ann Beckett's it will be difficult.

Suzanne

1851 census

This could be your Mark Biddulph but note the differing birth year

Michael Biddulph B1819 Bham - Can't quite read profession looks like Hair ?
Ann Biddulph B1824 Bham
Edwin Biddulph B1846 Bham
mark Biddulph B1848 Bham
Walter Biddulph B1851 Bham
William Davis B1840 Shropshire - visitor

Address is also difficult to read - 2 Mount Street Bham

Suzanne

1861 has been transcribed as Bedulph and Michaels place of birth is different

Michael Biddulph B1820 Ireland - Hair Dresser
Rebeccah Biddulph (Name different from 1851 so is this a second wife?) born 1821 Buckinghamshire
William Davies born 1840 Shropshire - Son in law - chemist's porter
Edwin B1846 Bham - bras founder
Mark B1848 Bham - brass founder
Walter Born 1850 Bham - iron caster
Arthur Born 1853 Bham
Samuel Born 1859 Bham
Thomas Lard B1841 Worcestershire - wire weaver

Living at 36 George Street Bham

Just checked the 1851 census and it definitely says born bham for Michael and also in the column for whether Blind, Deaf or Dumb it has BOTH but the 1861 says Deaf & Dumb:(

Suzanne

1871 census 2 Mount Street, Bham

Michael Biddulph b1820 Ireland - hair dresser - deaf & dumb
Rebeccah Biddulph b1821 Wickham, Bucks
Arthur Biddulph - b1852 bham Metal roller
Frederick Henry Biddulph - b1863 Bham
Henry Cauldfield B1840 Liverpool - carpenter

Mark Biddulph - possible 1st marriage to Charity Stonely 1867 Bham 6d 166
2nd marriage -Elizabeth Dipple 1876 Bham 6d 72

Death for Charity Biddulph 1875 Bham 6d 23

1871 census at 9 back 45 communication? row, bham

Mark Biddulph B1848 Bham - brass founder
Charity Biddulph B1846 Oakengates, Shropshire - charwoman
Helena Biddulph B1869 Bham

Suzanne

How very confusing - you have done more for me this afternoon than I have achieved over a very long time. I see you are situated Yardley - I am in Stourport but work in Yardley area - what a coincidence.

Many thanks for your help I need to digest all this and see where I go from here.

Best wishes

Carol

Just found Michael Biddulph in the 1841 census occupation hair dresser living in Fordrough St bham and under the column 'whether born in this county' it says yes. So unsure as to where he was born, bham or ireland.
Tried to find him in 1881 census but couldn't. There is a death registerd in July August Sept quarter in 1881 for a Michael Biddulph born 1820 but I would have thought he should still be mentioned in 1881 as it was taken April I think.

Suzanne

Carolynn

I wish I did:)

Ha! just lots of time on my hands after the housework and walking my greyhounds:)

Suzanne

I have done quite well on the Biddulph side but I am struggling on Ann Hackett 1854 and Isaac Timmins 1852 for info. According to the Census they lived with their children in Tat Bank. I have found info on the children but I cant find anything on their marriage and their parents.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Here are the details to apply for marriage cert for William and Ann
Name: William Timmins m Ann Hackett
Year of Registration: 1872
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
District: Kings Norton (To 1912)
County: Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
Volume: 6c
Page: 766
From this you should find out parents' names.

Back