• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tilton Road School

Re: tilton road girls school

I tink that one was available at one time as a pster or a framed print, either from the evening mail or from the BCFC shop, cant remember which.

i dont know how to download photo's help as ive got 100's of of Ada and Tilton rd photo's
about 20 odd football teams though the years and panto's at Tilton rd etc;

Took some working out, but heres how I did it.

from the reply box.....go advanced....manage attachments (under the black bar)...add files (top right hand corner)... browse and select files in the box that pops up. double click on the file you want then follow the instructions on the screen.

What wonderful school photo's. I wish I had some we never seemed to take any.:(

Thank you for posting the photo's samann.They certainly brought back some memories,especialy the ones of Mrs Griffiths(my first teacher and a lovely lady),Mr Turner(my last form teacher)and Mr Wadsworth who coached the boys football team.Mr Wadsworth is still going strong,I still see him out and about and still call him sir!

Thanks everyone for sorting out the photo's. I saw my headmaster on one of the pictures Mr. Watson. A great bunch of pictures you have. Thanks again. Kathy M.

Thanks to every one for posting photos, does anyone have any pictures showing the houses between the school and Twiggys paper shop ? Or anywhere with in that part of the street, thats where i was born and raised all those years ago. Kathy M

Nice photos....(#62)...2 of these photos actually show the pageant for the Coronation which was held in St Andrews Church, it was a joint effort between Ada Road & Tilton Road schools hence the boys appearing in the photos...which were taken by a photographer from the B'ham mail.

Skylark

Hello Samann, I wonder if you can confirm whether Tilton Road School is actually still standing??? Certainly one of the last photos you have posted shows the school in a sorry state... Thanks.

skylark

Has anyone out there happen to have photo's of the Coronation party at Pugh's factory in Tilton Road in 1953? Kathy M.

Does anyone remember a sweet shop on Cattell Rd. just by Tilton Rd. where the lady who ran it used to pin sweet wrappers up on the wall so that you could choose what you wanted from the wrappers? Kathy M

Sounds like Manny's. couple of doors away from Tilton towards Temlefield St.

Used to sell Park Drive tipped in 5 packets, so popular with the older kids... Before No.6 came out.

Or you could mean Musgroves, on the opposite side.

BTW, Noticed that theres some pics from tilton rd school on the front of Carl Chinns magazine, taken in 1958.

Sounds like Manny's. couple of doors away from Tilton towards Temlefield St.

Used to sell Park Drive tipped in 5 packets, so popular with the older kids... Before No.6 came out.

Or you could mean Musgroves, on the opposite side.

BTW, Noticed that theres some pics from tilton rd school on the front of Carl Chinns magazine, taken in 1958.

So just about on the left hand edge of this ?

So just about on the left hand edge of this ?

Thank you for the picture. Judging by the tram I would have been very young when this was taken. I wish there were more pictures around this area where I was brought up in the early fifties. Kathy M.

I have accumulated quite a few. any particular places your after ?

Trams stopped before my time as well, 53 / 54 buses for me, or 58 / 60 on the Cov. Plus the 15 / 16 / 17 to town as well. Spoilt for choice werent we ?

I have accumulated quite a few. any particular places your after ?

Trams stopped before my time as well, 53 / 54 buses for me, or 58 / 60 on the Cov. Plus the 15 / 16 / 17 to town as well. Spoilt for choice werent we ?
I would love see photo's of around Tilton Road cul-de-sac and Tilton road leading onto Cattel road as I was born and bred in Tilton road near the school. Do you have any as we didn't take many back then. Many thanks. Kathy M.

Back