• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Throw Him a Crumb

Reginald.F.Horton

master brummie
ROBIN

Dear robin dear robin
Where are you today
I hope you find time
To come my way

For when i see you robin
My heart fills with joy
It’s sends my spirit soaring
High into the sky

There’s crumbs on the table
There’s crumbs on the floor
When they are all gone
I will give you some more

So robin dear robin
Don’t stay away to long
Please come back soon
And sing me your song

Your breast is as red
As the setting sun
So good night my robin
Till a new day has begun

Reggie :angel: :smitten:

Ive been watching one for the past day or two picking over the now dying lilly pads in my pool. It's finding plenty to eat at the moment. Robins and gardeners seem to have a close affinity?

It's not just Gardeners that have a close affinity. When I go fishing I nearly always get a Robin who will quite happily sit on the edge of my bait box and help himself to maggots. I feel there is more than enough to go round and let the little fella take his fill. :)

Beautiful words and picture. We have a lot of birds in our bird baths here in our garden Tasmania. Don't see the "robin red breast" much these days, but have seen quite a few little robins with a very pale pink breast. I think they are a rare species. We have black cockatoos too - hugs and noisy. And my favourite visitors is our blue wren with all his jennies. :)

Back