• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Thomas Siviter Smith

Hi All
So nice to see the photo of the Family memorial all fixed up.

My great aunt Nellie Nora Griffiths married Valentine Siviter Smith in 1911. Valentine was the youngest son of Thomas Siviter Smith & Amina Ann Shaw. He was a Photographer & Engraver, I believe he was owner of V. Siviter Smith Ltd, Ludgate, Birmingham. So far I have found they had 1 son Terence Siviter Smith 1912 who changed his name to Peter in 1957.
Nellie ( known as Nora ) and Valentine were living in Pebworth, Stratford on Avon when he past way in 1940.

If anyone has further infomation on this part of the family I would really appreciate it.

Hilary

Hi All

I too would be most interested to hear anything about the Siviter Smith family and the Process engraving company Siviter Smith. We are organising a large exhibition of the work of Rowland Emett in the Gas Hall at BMAG this summer. He worked at Siviter Smith until 1939 when he moved to Turner Brothers in Cliveland Street and became a cartoonist for Punch. I am currently compiling a biography of Emett to accompany the exhibition so any information/photographs would be most useful.

Tim

Back