• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Sales.

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone been since Christmas and did you get a bargain?

Sorry I am not a fan, I would rather have my teeth pulled, LOL.

I'm with you there Alberta. I HATE shopping especially sales. I'm afraid that if I can't buy on the net I do without. I occasionally go in to Alcester as it is an old fashioned High Street but can't remember the last time I went to 'town'. I used to go every week when we lived at Kingshurst to fetch my Dad's clock and watch parts for his repair business from a shop on the edge of the market.

I agree also, I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go shopping at any time to be honest. Sometimes it just has to be done, so you grin and bear it, so thank goodness for the internet!

Went to Argos yesterday in Perry Barr and bought a kettle sandwich toaster and toaster with ten pounds off. Pete suggested we go in to Marks and Spencers as he wanted to buy me something else. There were a few racks with great reductions on and I bought at £35.00 jumper sixteen pounds trousers and top reduced from fifteen pounds all at four ninety nine. Had no intention of going round the sales but glad I did now.

Back